DCOM Volume IV Appendix 3
Appendix 3: Pumping Tests Procedure
1. Prior to starting the pump, measure and record the static water level.
2. After starting the pump, measure the corresponding water levels. Discharge should be greater than the required yield and should be maintained at a constant rate during the entire duration of the test for 24 hours. Measurement intervals should be as follows:
3. Simultaneous with the water level measurements, take measurements of discharge.
4. Monitor nearby wells to determine effects during pumping.
5. Right after the end of the pumping test, measure the water level recovery.
6. Plot data obtained from the test on a semi-logarithmic paper showing the time in the abscissa (x axis) and the drawdown in the ordinate axis (y axis).
Previous Page: Appendix 2: Troubleshooting for Borehole/Tube Wells << >> Next Page: Appendix 4: Details of Infiltration Gallery